Senior Accounting Clerk
Does this sound like you?
- Conscientious: You work hard, are persistent, and pay careful attention to details
- Mildly Introverted: You prefer to work alone and without interruption, but can rally for the team when needed
- Curious: You rarely take the first answer as the only one, listen well and ask good questions, and enjoy delving into projects and processes to improve things
- Orderly: “A place for everything and everything in its place” is your life’s organizing principle
- Kind: You are patient, supportive, and love helping others
If so, we may have a position for you! Our national company is looking to add a Sr. Accounting Clerk to its fine Accounting department.
Prior Accounting experience is a must and your skill in Microsoft Excel must be above-average.
What would you be doing?
Applying your top-notch analytical and communication skills, you will be assisting and supporting the Accounting Manager within the accounting department. You will play an integral role in the preparation of the company’s monthly financial statements, month-end close process, annual budget, and other financial reporting.
Your job in a nutshell:
- Assist in the month-end close process of recording recurring journal entries.
- Performs monthly billing and reconciliations.
- Generates miscellaneous company Accounts Payable weekly.
- Audits monthly carrier and commission payments for accuracy.
- Assists in preparation of annual financial audit.
- Reconciles corporate credit cards and petty cash.
- Makes bank deposits as needed.
- Support for all accounting functions.
You're also a person who:
- Enjoys a challenge
- Is flexible
- Meets deadlines
- Shows up on time, every time
- Has a "can do" approach to the job
- Maintains business information in strict confidence
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- +3 years of accounting experience
- Microsoft Office experience with above-average Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Type a minimum of 50 words per minute
- Ability to effectively present information to management
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Able to work independently
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent
PHYSICAL & MENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Frequently stand, stoop, crouch, and sit
- Ability to concentrate and solve problems
Who is LifeHelp?
LifeHelp is a financially stable and organizationally strong third party administrator and insurance agency with a national client base. We’ve been in business since 1972 and have been proud to call Redding our home since 1994. Our benefits are outstanding, our facility is top notch, our people are a cut above, and our work environment is businesslike – with a healthy dose of fun. And we especially like to reward excellence and innovative thinking.
Don’t just take our word for it! Here’s what a few employees have to say about working here:
“LifeHelp is a company that honors each individual for their contribution in making it a successful and enjoyable place to work.”
“The working environment at LifeHelp is unlike any other in my experience. Everyone here has a positive attitude with a willingness to be helpful. That alone is enough to look forward to coming to work every morning…even on Mondays.”
What’s in it for you?
Your compensation package will include a competitive salary plus comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401(k) with a generous vacation and paid holiday schedule.
How do you apply?
Click the "apply" button below, complete the employment form and attach your resume and cover letter*.
Cuenca & Associates Insurance Agency, Inc., d/b/a/ LifeHelp, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.