Are we looking for you?
If you're a reliable, energetic, highly organized, detail and accomplishment-oriented individual with great communication and listening skills, we may have a position for you. If you're also proficient in Outlook, Word, and Excel, we'd like to talk with you. One more thing: a healthy sense of humor never hurts!
What would you be doing?
Applying your top notch analytical and communication skills, you would be assisting and supporting the Controller within the accounting department. You would play an integral role in the preparation of the company's monthly financial statements, month-end close process, annual budget, and other financial reporting.
Your job in a nutshell:
- Assist in the month-end close process of recording recurring journal entries and reviewing the general ledger for accuracy
- Prepares initial draft of all monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Analyzes and reconciles outstanding Trust account balances monthly for accuracy
- Lead point of contact in the preparation of the annual financial audit and supporting documents
- Performs monthly billing and reconciliations
- Audits monthly carrier and commission payments for accuracy
- Corporate payroll processing and Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Support for all accounting functions
You're also a person who:
- Enjoys a challenge
- Is flexible
- Meets deadlines
- Shows up on time, every time
- Has a "can do" approach to the job
- Maintains business information in strict confidence
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 6+ years of accounting experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Type a minimum of 50 words per minute
- Ability to effectively present information to management
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Able to work independently
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Frequently stand, stoop, crouch, and sit
- Ability to concentrate and solve problems
Who is LifeHelp?
LifeHelp is a financially stable and organizationally strong third party administrator and insurance agency with a national client base. We’ve been in business since 1972 and have been proud to call Redding our home since 1994. Our benefits are outstanding, our facility is top notch, our people are a cut above, and our work environment is businesslike – with a healthy dose of fun. And we especially like to reward excellence and innovative thinking.
What’s in it for you?
Your compensation package will include a competitive salary plus comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401(k) and a generous vacation and paid holiday schedule.
How do you apply?
Click the "Apply" button below, complete the employment form, and attach your resume, cover letter* and professional references.
*Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
Cuenca & Associates Insurance Agency, Inc., d/b/a LifeHelp, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.