Senior Staff Accountant
If you’re a reliable, energetic, highly organized, detail and accomplishment-oriented with great communication and listening skills, we may have a position for you. If you’re also proficient in Outlook, Word, and Excel, we’d like to talk with you. One more thing: a healthy sense of humor never hurts!
What would you be doing?
Applying your top notch analytical and communication skills, you would be assisting and supporting the Controller within the accounting department. You would play an integral role in the preparation of the company’s monthly financial statements, annual budget, and other financial reporting. In addition, your responsibilities would include a variety of Human Resources tasks.
Your job in a nutshell:
- Prepares initial draft of all company’s monthly Financial Statements and Annual Budget.
- Analyzes and reconciles outstanding Trust account balances monthly for accuracy.
- Lead point of contact in the preparation of the company’s annual financial audit questionnaire and supporting documents.
- Assists with Human Resource activities.
- Audits monthly carrier and commission payments for accuracy.
- Tracks and maintains company insurance policies, analyzes and recommends new or changes to existing coverages prior to renewal.
- Corporate payroll processing and Accounts Payable/Receivable.
- Support for all accounting functions.
You’re also a person who:
- Enjoys a challenge
- Is flexible
- Meets deadlines
- Shows up on time, every time
- Has a “can do” approach to the job
- Maintains business information in strict confidence
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- +6 years of accounting experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Type a minimum of 50 words per minute
- Ability to effectively present information to management
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Able to work independently
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Frequently stand, stoop, crouch, and sit
- Ability to concentrate and solve problems
LifeHelp is a financially stable and organizationally strong third party administrator and insurance agency with a national client base. We’ve been in business since 1972 and have been proud to call Redding our home since 1994. Our benefits are outstanding, our facility is top notch, our people are a cut above, and our work environment is businesslike – with a healthy dose of fun. And we especially like to reward excellence and innovative thinking.
What’s in it for you?
Your compensation package will include a competitive salary plus comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401(k) and a generous vacation and paid holiday schedule.
How do you apply?
Click the "apply" button below, complete the employment form and attach your resume and cover letter*.
Cuenca & Associates Insurance Agency, Inc., d/b/a/ LifeHelp, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.