Senior Accountant, $65,000+ yearly DOE ($31.25/hr)
Does this sound like you?
- Conscientious: You work hard, are persistent, and pay careful attention to details
- Mildly Introverted: You prefer to work alone and without interruption, but can rally for the team when needed
- Curious: You listen well, ask good questions, and enjoy delving into projects and processes to improve things
- Orderly: You believe in “A place for everything and everything in its place”
- Positive: You see the glass as half full, believe in the power of a “can do” spirit
If so, we might just be the place for you! Our national company is looking to add a Senior Accountant to our Accounting department.
You’re also a person who:
- Has at least 4 years of Accounting experience
- Has experience with (or interest in) personnel supervision
- Excels in the use of Microsoft Excel, Office, and Quickbooks Enterprise and can type more than 50 WPM
- Has excellent critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Is highly organized and manages your time well
- Has a can-do, will-do attitude and is highly receptive to feedback
- Shows up on time, every time
Here’s just a few of the things you’d be doing…
- Prepare monthly financial statements, month-end close, annual budget, and other financial reporting.
- Analyze and reconcile outstanding Trust account balances monthly for accuracy.
- Perform monthly billing and reconciliations.
- Audit monthly carrier and commission payments for accuracy.
We can practically guarantee dull moments will be few and far between!
And here’s what’s in it for you…
- A stable business. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we are showing no signs of slowing down. In fact, our recent years have been some of our best.
- A great location and working environment. We have been blessed with beautiful office space away from the city center, which means we don’t deal with the crime problem many other local businesses face.
- Great people, great benefits. We want only the best employees, and our benefit package is designed to reflect that:
- Competitive salary – Our salaries are highly competitive for Shasta County
- Group medical, dental, vision – We cover 90% of your cost and 20% of your dependents’
- Medical GAP insurance – Our supplemental GAP insurance helps you with out of pocket medical expenses such as coinsurance, co-pays and deductibles
- Free Insurance – Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and Long-Term Disability insurance provided to you at our expense
- 401(k) – a tax-deferred bonus equal to 3% of your salary deposited into your account yearly, PLUS added corporate matching and profit share contributions (discretionary, but consistently made for the past 3+ years)
- Paid Time Off – Two weeks off in your first year, with yearly increases after that
- Paid Holidays – 11 paid holidays a year…
- …and many others.
Here’s what a few of members of the LifeHelp team have to say about working here:
“LifeHelp is a company that honors each individual for their contribution in making it a successful and enjoyable place to work.”
“The working environment at LifeHelp is unlike any other in my experience. Everyone here has a positive attitude with a willingness to be helpful. That alone is enough to look forward to coming to work every morning…even on Mondays.”
“LifeHelp promotes a friendly, fun, and honest work environment where hard work and dedication is recognized. Through a generous benefits package, many company parties and holidays, friendly staff, and opportunities for personal and professional development, LifeHelp and its management team shows they care not just about the employee but the person. I am excited to be able to call myself a LifeHelpian!”
A bit about LifeHelp
Our business takes a while to explain, but in a nutshell, LifeHelp exists to make it easier for our insurance company partners get and keep new customers. We do this by handling such back-office administrative tasks as customer service, record maintenance, billing, collections, customer correspondence, and more on our clients’ behalf. We do not engage in traditional insurance sales that you might find with another insurance agency.
This may sound dry, technical, and even boring, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. Large doses of creativity, collaboration, and persistence are required to succeed in our world, and we’re looking for more people who value these qualities to join us as we grow.
The next step is risk-free and only takes a few minutes.
Simply click the "Apply" button on this page, complete the employment form, and attach:
- your resume
- a cover letter
- professional references
CA DISCLAIMER: LifeHelp’s work environment contains concentrated levels of focus, professionalism, kindness, and fun. Candidates who have experienced allergic reactions to these ingredients in the past are discouraged from applying.
Cuenca & Associates Insurance Agency, Inc., d/b/a/ LifeHelp, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.