Junior Systems Administrator
Does this sound like you?
- Conscientious: You pay careful attention to details
- Responsible: You’re honest and want to make sure things get done correctly
- Patient: You’re willing to spend the time to get things right, or courteously help those less knowledgeable than yourself
- Personable: You know how to communicate professionally to others and work in a team
- Curious: You have a strong interest in figuring out and mastering how things work
- Problem Solver: You like solving puzzles and problems, and keep working on things until you do
- Focused, but Flexible: You’re capable of focusing on the task at hand, but can shift focus to more pressing issues when required
If so, we may have a position for you! A professional and career building opportunity within the fast growing information technology field is now available here in Redding, CA. Our national company is looking to bring on a Junior Systems Administrator.
Preference will be given to candidates with at least one year of relevant system administration or system support experience, but interested applicants of any experience level are also welcome to apply as we will invest in training the right individual (Please note that if you come to us with limited experience, a different job title may be given.)
What would you be doing?
As a Junior Systems Administrator your primary responsibilities would be to ensure the stable and secure operations of LifeHelp’s Information Technology resources. A typical day might also include responding to help desk requests from co-workers or partners; deploying and performing routine maintenance to managed PCs or servers, storage arrays, network devices, phones, or other IT devices; responding to security or network related events; working on new projects, contingency and continuity planning; and maintaining accurate documentation. Some after hours or weekend work will occasionally be required.
Here’s your job in a nutshell:
- Serves as the first point-of-contact for co-workers’ IT help desk related issues
- Exercises oversight over all LifeHelp’s Information Technology resources including, but not limited to, the following: virtual & physical servers, storage arrays, network devices, network peripherals, email systems, and the phone system
- Repairs network outages, diagnoses their sources, and takes measures to eliminate or decrease the likelihood of their reoccurrence
- Performs system-level maintenance, patches, vulnerability testing and hardening, and upgrades
- Educates co-workers on how to effectively use IT resources
- Creates and maintains IT department standards & procedures including the disaster recovery plan, network maps, and other local documentation
- Supports partners in securely transferring files to our SFTP server
- Responds to security events such as detected malware or unauthorized systems access
- Participates in the disaster recovery program & testing process
- Communicates effectively with fellow IT department members, co-workers, & business partners
- Consistently meets agreed upon or assigned tasks and/or project deadlines
- Manages downtime by proactively seeking additional work from co-workers and manager
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
- Other job duties as assigned
Here’s some of the technologies you’ll be working with:
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008 R2- 2019) & Desktop (7 & 10)
- Active Directory, AD CS, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, etc
- Microsoft Exchange & Skype for Business Server
- Linux Server (Debian / Ubuntu)
- PCs, Servers, & Storage Hardware
- VMWare ESXi & Workstation
- Routers, Firewalls, Switches, IPS
- … and quite a few other things!
Who is LifeHelp?
LifeHelp is a financially stable and organizationally strong third party administrator and insurance agency with a national client base. We’ve been in business since 1972 and have been proud to call Redding our home since 1994. Our benefits are outstanding, our facility is top notch, our people are a cut above, and our work environment is businesslike – with a healthy dose of fun. And we especially like to reward excellence and innovative thinking.
What’s in it for you?
Your compensation package will include a competitive salary plus comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401(k) and a generous vacation and paid holiday schedule.
How do you apply?
Simply click the "Apply" button below, complete the employment form, and attach your resume and cover letter*. If your resume is selected for consideration you will typically hear from us within 5 – 7 business days.
Cuenca & Associates Insurance Agency, Inc., d/b/a/ LifeHelp, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.