IT Support Technician
A rare entry-level, professional, and career building opportunity within the fast growing information technology field is now available here in Redding, CA. Our national company provides great experience in a data security sensitive business operating in all 50 states.
Are we looking for you?
If you’re a detail-oriented, highly organized, career driven person with good communication ability and a strong drive to learn new IT concepts, we may have a position for you. If you’re also proficient in Windows Desktop Support, Microsoft Office, and home & small business networking we’d like to talk with you. Typically this is a full-time position but a part-time opportunity would be considered for the right individual. One more thing: a healthy sense of humor never hurt!
What would you be doing?
As an IT Support Technician your primary responsibilities would be to support LifeHelp’s essential computing resources and be the first point of contact for your co-worker’s IT help desk related issues. A typical day could also include deploying and performing routine maintenance to managed PCs, servers, phones, or other IT devices, as well as responding to security or network related events. Additionally, you may be asked to provide input into a variety of business processes requiring IT expertise.
Your job in a nutshell:
- Participates in testing, evaluating, deploying, maintaining & retiring IT related hardware, operating systems, peripherals, or other devices
- Educates co-workers on how to effectively use IT resources
- Creates and maintains technical documentation
- Supports partners in securely transferring files to our SFTP server
- Responds to security events such as detected malware or unauthorized systems access
- Participates in the disaster recovery program & testing process
You’re also a person who:
- Has an advanced understanding of Windows 7 & 10 deployment and support
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office
- Has experience with choosing, troubleshooting & upgrading PC hardware
- Has experience with home & small business networking
- Has excellent critical thinking & problem solving skills
- Has exceptional attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- One or more entry level IT certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, CCENT, or MTA/MCSA
- Experience interacting with others in a service-related setting
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, & DNS
- Experience with using Linux (specifically Debian /Ubuntu)
- Experience with encryption concepts, such as PGP & PKI
- Familiarity with using virtualization, such as VMWare Workstation, Hyper-V, or VirtualBox
- Familiarity with Windows Server 2008 R2 or 2012 R2
- Familiarity with basic windows-based scripting using Powershell
Physical & Mental Job Requirements:
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently stand, stoop, crouch, and sit
- Ability to concentrate and solve problems
Who is LifeHelp?
LifeHelp is a financially stable and organizationally strong third party administrator and insurance agency with a national client base. We’ve been in business since 1972 and have been proud to call Redding our home since 1994. Our benefits are outstanding, our facility is top notch, our people are a cut above, and our work environment is businesslike – with a healthy dose of fun. And we especially like to reward excellence and innovative thinking.
What’s in it for you?
Your compensation package will include a competitive salary plus comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, 401(k) and a generous vacation and paid holiday schedule.
How do you apply?
Click the "apply" button below, complete the employment form and attach your resume and cover letter*.
Cuenca & Associates Insurance Agency, Inc., d/b/a/ LifeHelp, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.