Data Analyst - Insurance
LifeHelp is seeking a full-time analyst (working title: Client Analyst) to help support our growing business.
You would be providing critical day-to-day support for the wide variety of voluntary insurance programs we administer. This position is responsible for reviewing and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources, proactively developing audits and quality control activities to minimize the risk of errors, and working with numerous clients to troubleshoot and resolve data issues. In addition, this person works closely with the TPA Services Manager and the IT department to implement new products and interpret client needs into working systems.
Because we’re a small company, you may be asked to assist with projects that are not in your job description. We are all here to support each other.
The ideal person will have a solid work history with at least a year of experience in a related capacity (e.g. data analysis, system analysis, and/or information technology), and prior insurance experience is always preferred, but for the right person we’d be willing to train. Skills can be taught, but aptitude and attitude cannot!
If you possess the following attributes, we’d love to hear from you:
- Curious – you want to know how everything works
- Trustworthy, able to honor commitments and keep on top of assignments
- Above average attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients
- Tech-savvy, and perfectly content to be in front of a computer most of the day staring at rows of data and fielding emails
- The willingness and ability to initiate and innovate
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Practices extreme job ownership – you’re not just here to collect a paycheck
- The ability to and passion for solving problems
- At least an intermediate understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
- At least intermediate time management skills
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and apply them
And here’s what’s in it for you…
- A stable business environment. We’ve been in business since 1972 and we are showing no signs of slowing down. In fact, our recent years have been some of our best.
- A great location and working environment. We have been blessed with a beautiful office space away from the city centre, which means we don’t deal with the crime problem many other local businesses face.
- Great people, great benefits. We only want the best employees, and our benefit package is designed to reflect that:
- Competitive salary – Our salaries are highly competitive for Shasta County
- Group medical, dental, vision – We cover 90% of the employee’s cost and 20% of your dependents
- Medical GAP insurance – Our supplemental GAP insurance helps manage out of pocket expenses related to coinsurance, co-pays and deductibles giving you peace of mind
- Free Insurance – Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and Long Term Disability insurance provided to you at our expense
- 401(k) – 3% of your salary deposited into your account yearly, PLUS corporate matching and profit share contributions (discretionary, but consistently made for the past 3+ years)
- Paid Time Off – Accrue two weeks off in your first year
- Paid Holidays – 11 paid holidays a year
- Party animals – Our CEO is a real stiff but he knows this about himself so he delegates this function to someone who loves parties! 2 annual company parties, plus many other surprise get-togethers throughout the year
- Break room – A dedicated break room complete with ping-pong, darts, a Wii, and a gigantic subwoofer…
- …and many others.
Sounds too good to be true? Just listen to what a few of our employees say about working here:
“LifeHelp is a company that honors each individual for their contribution in making it a successful and enjoyable place to work.”
“The working environment at LifeHelp is unlike any other in my experience. Everyone here has a positive attitude with a willingness to be helpful. That alone is enough to look forward to coming to work every morning…even on Mondays.”
The next step is risk-free and only takes a few minutes. Simply click the "Apply" button below, complete the employment form, and attach your resume and cover letter*. If your resume is selected for consideration you will typically hear from us within 5 – 7 business days.
CAUTION: LifeHelp’s work environment contains concentrated levels of focus, professionalism, kindness, and fun. Candidates who have experienced allergic reactions to these ingredients in the past are discouraged from applying.
Cuenca & Associates Insurance Agency, Inc., d/b/a/ LifeHelp, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.