We are seeking a professional and friendly Corporate Accountant to join our Accounting department.
The starting wage for this position is $24.00 per hour. Actual offer may be higher based on qualifications and experience.
Our business takes a while to explain, but in a nutshell, LifeHelp exists to make it easier for our insurance company partners to get and keep new customers. We do this by handling such back-office administrative tasks such as customer service, record maintenance, billing, collections, customer correspondence, and more on our clients’ behalf. We do not engage in traditional insurance sales that you might find with another insurance agency.
This may sound dry, technical, and even boring, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. Large doses of resourcefulness, collaboration, and persistence are required to succeed in our world, and we’re looking for more people who value these qualities to join us as we grow.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Prepare monthly financial statements, month-end close, annual budget, and other financial reporting.
- Analyze and reconcile outstanding Trust account balances monthly for accuracy.
- Perform monthly billing and reconciliations.
- Audit monthly carrier and commission payments for accuracy.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has at least 4 years of Accounting experience
- Excels in the use of Microsoft Excel, Office, and Quickbooks Enterprise and can type more than 50 WPM
- Has excellent critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Is highly organized and manages your time well
- Has a can-do, will-do attitude and is highly receptive to feedback
- Lives in the Redding area or has plans to relocate here
- Group medical coverage (we cover 90% of your expense / 20% of your dependents)
- 401(k) & profit-sharing plans
- Paid time off & paid sick leave
- 11 paid holidays a year
- Regular working hours / overtime almost never required
- Spacious, clean, and comfortable work environment
- Friendly and supportive coworkers
- Stable business in operation for nearly 50 years
Other position facts:
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Reports to: Laura Redwine, Controller
# of Accounting employees: 4 total (including this position)
Travel Required? No
Manage People? No
To apply, simply click the "Apply" button below, complete the employment form, and attach your resume and cover letter*. If your resume is selected for consideration you will typically hear from us within 5 – 7 business days.
*Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
Cuenca & Associates Insurance Agency, Inc., d/b/a/ LifeHelp, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.